Herndon Solutions Group (HSG) is seeking a Document Specialist to support the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Records Center in San Francisco, CA. The Records Center is a critical repository of enforcement data used by EPA personnel to enforce federal environmental laws and regulations against potentially liable parties.
HSG is an SBA 8(a), woman-owned business headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada with offices in Denver and Detroit. HSG works with federal, state, local, and tribal governments, as well as commercial and private-sector organizations to provide practical solution development and implementation services in the areas of emergency planning, environment, and sustainability.
Our mission is to develop and maintain strong client relationships and customer satisfaction while providing full-service business solutions. We focus on our core values - integrity, commitment, and teamwork - and integrate these values into each solution to ensure that customer goals and objectives are achieved.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD SUBMIT A RESUME ALONG WITH A COVER LETTER TO BE CONSIDERED.
If you are interested and qualified, please submit resume to email@example.com. Background check and drug testing required. EOE.
- Education/Experience: B.S./B.A. Degree or 2 years relevant experience.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and directed.
- Excellent customer service and responsiveness.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pound boxes repeatedly throughout a day.
- Ability to effectively plan, prioritize, organize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to follow detailed standard operating procedures and protocols.
- Experience in Microsoft Office products, particularly Access and Excel.
- Support records disposition activities to the EPA Records Center, Federal Records Centers, and to other storage areas.
- Physically move boxes of documents within the EPA Records Center.
- Assist in administering EPA’s records management system by inputting information from documents into the database system, creating document collections in response to requests, and training users on techniques to locate documents in the system.
- Use database systems to track the location of and retrieve documents and document collections.
- Assist with file check in/check out, electronic distribution of documents, and responding to information requests.
- Ensure that records are organized and classified in the applicable file structures.
- Provide innovative solutions to document management processes and systems.
- Develop, maintain and update standard operating procedures pertaining to record management initiatives.
- Prepare reports to supervisor on data entry and data changes as required.
- Prepare documents for scanning and scan documents for conversion to electronic image format.
- May provide a variety of clerical and administrative support as necessary.
- Document scanning and document handling procedures as required.
- Other duties as assigned.